Time & Location
28. – 30.1.2022
Friday 16:30 – 21:00
Saturday & Sunday 10:00 – 16:00
THIS BOOKING ALLOWS YOU TO OBSERVE THE CLASS.
About The Event
This workshop is an intensive and in-depth workshop for students with all levels of Meisner Technique students. This course helps you to access and express your truthful impulses based on your partners behaviour, through exploration of the famous ‘Repetition Exercise’. Teaching will be adjusted by student’s level of Meisner technique and experience. For the more advanced students the course puts the repetition exercise into practice through the use of improvisations, emotional preparation, independent activities and relationships, and simple scripts.
TO WHOM IT IS
For actors (advanced and beginners), performers, directors, writers, artists, coaches and anyone wanting to understand their emotional life and the authentic human connections deeper.
WHAT DO YOU GET
Through this workshop you will:
• strengthen your capacity to really listen and connect with your partner
• deepen your emotional expression and understanding
• enhance your capacity to drop down masks and live in your authenticity
• strengthen your sensitivity and awareness of your partner’s emotional life and expression
• strengthen your instincts and capacity to take risks
• find healthy and organic ways to let go of fear and pressure with other people and on stage
• create more freedom to be present and live in the moment
• get many useful tools to finding authentic emotional expression to any performing platform
• as a director get highly applicable tools and approches on how to gently help actors connect to their authentic emotional life
• Price: 365€ for workshop student / 185€ for observing student.
• Class times: 28. – 30.1.2022 / Friday 16:30 – 21:00 – Saturday & Sunday 10:00 – 16:00
• Location: Actors Academy Studio, Pursimiehenkatu 26H, 00150 Helsinki
• Place is limited and will be filled on ‘first-come first-serve basis’.
• The booking for all events and workshops is binding. You can cancel 30 days prior the event and receive a 50% return of your payment or you can pass on your spot to another person without an extra fee.
• Teaching language is English (Please keep in mind that you do not need to have perfect English skills, and you do not need to worry about accent and pronunciation).
• All rights to changes reserved.
• You can find the event on Facebook in this link here.
ABOUT DOMINIC KELLY
Dominic is an acting coach with over twenty years of experience in theatre and film, specialising in the Meisner Technique, and as a creative consultant, advising writers, actors, and producers on idea development, and dramaturgy. He is also the artistic director of the salon:collective, hosting actors training and producing creative projects for theatre, film, festivals and corporate clients such as British Council for Rio Olympics, Harvey Nicholls, and Wilderness Festival. Dominic teaches Meisner Technique internationally, and has recently created an online actor training programme. He has assisted top Meisner coaches, Tom Radcliffe (Actors Temple) and Martin Barter (Sanford Meisner Centre). His focus in actor training is to embolden actors to question fully and rigorously the definition of Meisner’s quote, ‘living truthfully under imaginary circumstances’. His work encourages actors to question their habits and explore the power of their vulnerability. He recently was awarded the Olwen Wymark Award from the Writer’s Guild for his work with emerging playwrights. Dominic’s previous clients have appeared in Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, The Avengers: Infinity War, The Avengers: Endgame, Black Panther, Wonder Woman, Crazy Rich Asians, Ex Machine, Peaky Blinders, Black Mirror, I May Destroy You, The Crown, The Witcher, Casualty, Silent Witness, Holby, EastEnders.
“Dominic Kelly’s classes capture the same unique spirit and essence I received whilst studying at the Neighbourhood Playhouse, the birthplace and home of the Meisner technique.”
– Neil Allen
“Dominic teaches in a very relaxed yet focused way. With great honesty, respect, humour and sensitivity, he is able to tap into whatever it is you need as an actor to be the very best that you can be.”
– Will Kemp, Doom Patrol, Van Helsing
“I have done Meisner training in Los Angeles and London, and this is the best class I’ve ever found.”
– Robbie Jarvis, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
“Dom is amazing. He really is. His insight. And he doesn’t miss a thing, even on Zoom – there is no chance of hiding. It’s almost like online and over Zoom it’s like a magnifying glass. He sees every individual where they are at and he works with each person and he is able to cut through everything and move the person on to their next level. I do find it amazing watching him working with the other people in the class. He’s so perceptive.”
– Elle DeBurgh, current student
“Dom is one of the best teachers I’ve ever had. I feel like he really does take that time to invest in you and learn how you work and what’s the best way to train you individually.”
– Michael Lavin, current student