If you are paying for someone else, please state the name of the student in the ‘Additional information’ field on the next page.
Please also read the Terms of Service carefully below before paying. By paying, you accept the Terms of Service:
AAF One Year Training Helsinki September 2022 – Terms of Service & Cancellation Policy
1. The Student applies to the training through an online application and a possible interview. After being accepted into the Training by Actors Academy Finland, the Student confirms their place in the Training by an email reply and by paying the deposit of 1500€ within the time given for the payment. In case the payment is not done in due time, Actors Academy Finland has the right to pass the place to another student. The deposit is non-refundable. Payment methods offered at the moment include online bank transfers, credit card, mobile pay and Jousto payment services.
2. The remaining final amount, 5250€, of the Training fee is due August 1st, 2022.
3. Terms for Student Cancellation:
- 3.a. Cancel before 1st of August 2022:
- 5250€ will not be charged (deposit 1500€ is non-refundable)
- Unless there is a waiting list, the Student has the option to pass their place on by recommending a new participant to replace them in the Training. This is dependent on the new applicant being accepted into the training by the Actors Academy. If the applicant is accepted there will be a 150€ administration fee that will be charged from the original Student. The new participant will be charged the Full Training Tuition fee 6750€ for the course, and an additional 100€ in administrative costs. After the new student has paid the full tuition fee of 6750€, the Actors Academy will refund any tuition payments made to date by the original student including the deposit, minus the 150€ administration fee.
- 3.b. Cancel between 1st of August 2022 and one week before the Training starts:
- Deposit 1500€ non-refundable.
- If the full tuition payment (6750€) has been paid, 5250€ minus 500€ self-liability fee, will only be granted if the student has an official medical certificate stating a clear and serious impediment that prevents them from participating in the training course and that the impediment has not been in the Student’s awareness prior to their original confirmation to the Training.
- Unless there is a waiting list, the Student has the option to pass their place by recommending a new participant to replace them in the Training. This is dependent on the new applicant being accepted into the training by the Actors Academy. If the applicant is accepted there will be a 150€ administration fee that will be charged from the original Student. The new participant will be charged the Full Training Tuition fee 6750€ for the course. After the new student has paid the full tuition fee of 6750€, the Actors Academy will refund 6600€ to the original Student.
- 3.c. Cancel less than one week prior the beginning or anytime after the start of the Training:
- No refunds offered. Actors Academy recommends the Student to make sure they have solid insurance coverage to support them in such situations.
If the Student has not paid the Full Training Tuition fee of 6750€ by August 1st, 2022, and has not made a new payment agreement accepted by the Actors Academy within one week after the payment due date, the Student will automatically lose their place in the Training and the Actors Academy has the right to pass on the Student’s place to another student.
The Student’s absence from the Training modules or sessions due to any illness, covid or covid related symptoms, work or other personal reasons do not authorise the Student to receive any form of refunds or compensatory training.
The Actors Academy is responsible for the Training to take place as planned, but the Actors Academy has the right to make changes that do not affect the value or entirety of the Training as originally presented. In case the Training is partly cancelled or postponed by the organiser or on account of governmental restrictions, (i.e. a teacher falling ill, teacher in quarantine, social and travel restrictions etc.), the cancelled Training modules or parts will be offered on another date with an effort to fit every participants schedule. In case the new Training schedule is not possible for the Student, the Student is authorised to receive an equal amount of training on other workshops/training modules offered by the Actors Academy. There will be a maximum of three offerings of alternative training dates made within one year from the start date of the amended training (of which the Student refuses to take part in), and in the case that none of the three offerings within this one year period suit the Student, the Actors Academy is no longer liable to offer compensatory training.
In situations (ie. due to local or travel restrictions) where physically live classes are not possible to be organised, parts of the Training may be shifted onto an online class platform instead. In such situations, the online classes will be kept on a small scale compared to the amount of total Training class hours, taking up to max. 10% of all class hours.
The Student is requested to stay absent from class room in case they have any covid related symptoms. Unwell students are requested to follow the current government protocol on testing and quarantine recommendations before physically joining the class again. If the student wishes they can inform AAF of their wish to join the class via Zoom, and Actors Academy will offer this possibility whenever it can be arranged.
In case the Actors Academy finds the Student unsuitable or unfit for the Training, Actors Academy has the right to ask the Student to discontinue in the Training at any stage of the Training and make the final decision regarding the matter. In such cases, Actors Academy will refund a pro-rata Tuition fee.
The Student shall be responsible for maintaining and obtaining their own equipment and personal belongings, as well as the Student is responsible for their own safety during attendance of the Training sessions. The Actors Academy recommends the Student for checking that their accident, health and other insurances are valid and up to date.
The Actors Academy’s responsibility is to ensure the accessibility and safety of the training spaces.
The details and dates of the Actors Academy Advanced Training, September 2022, are found here: www.actorsacademy.fi/oyt-helsinki